We’ve noticed this trend in baby showers lately. They are of course inspired by little ones, but there is this element of chic built into the day that sort of transcends the whole shower thing. And serves as inspiration for basically any party on the planet. Which is exactly why we think you’re going to love this particular shower that the girls at True Event threw for their lovely leading lady Sarah True. With stunning flowers by Hana Floral Design, Paper by Emily at Paper Moss and images by Leila Brewster, we’re pretty sure that you’re going to fall as head over heels for this little number as we have. Click here for so much more and if you missed Sarah’s adorable modern nursery, click here!
From True Event… Having so much fun designing the nursery, we decided to carry over some of our favorite details to the shower. We are so lucky to have so many wonderful and talented friends in the industry, who all came together to make this day so incredibly special. Emily, from Paper Moss, created the most amazing invitation and paper accessories – no detail was missed. Yumiko, from Hana Floral Design, is a true gift and the flowers she selected for the tables were breathtaking. Pops of orange and sunset tones mixed with interesting textures the flowers stretching the length of the farm tables were quite the conversation starter. The giraffe and zebra print runners completely pulled everything together – and I loved that they were custom made just for me! The entire event was beautifully captured by my dear friend Leila Brewster.
We wanted our Get the Look to be two things. First, we wanted it to evoke the essence of the True Event shower without mimicking it. For us, it’s all about taking inspiration and putting our own personal spin on it. And second, we wanted to use a one stop shop to make it really easy. Enter, Etsy.
1. A pale gray zebra print runner. We found this fabric thru Loft 32 and it’s a beaut. Lining a simple white table cloth with this will suddenly up the chic factor by about a million.
2. Peonies are such a showstopper of a flower. But they can also be an investment as the options with silk, paper, even felt and wood flowers are becoming more and more extensive. We love, love, love these peonies by Adorn Flowers on etsy. And as a little side note, here’s the deal with silk flowers. Silk flower arrangement? Cheesy. Silk peonies with real succulents and hearty leaves mixed in? Gooood.
3. We added a splash of Kraft to our Get the Look guide. We love these sturdy wrappers by When It Rains on Etsy because they can be filled with so many different treats. Cupcakes, toffee, caramel popcorn, the works.
4. We couldn’t find a zebra pinata on Etsy and we vowed to stick to our Etsy guns, but we did find this aaaaamazing paper mache zebra head that could totally serve as the backdrop for one very cool dessert table.
5. Vintage cake stands just add a bit of timelessness to our otherwise modern vibe and this one by Willow Tree Antiques is nothing short of perfection.
6. For food, we love the idea of a really graphic jungle theme. It compliments our modern styling while still feeling really sweet and shower-inspired. These by TS Cookies are just about everything we love in the world.
Photographer: Leila Brewster Photography | Floral Design: Hana Floral Design | Event Location: Chamard Vineyard | Event Design + Coordination: True Event | Paper: Paper Moss | Candy: Dylan’s Candy Bar | Desserts: Homemade | Table Runners: Custom | Rentals: Rentals Unlimited | Dress: Hatch Maternity Collection | Necklace: Aquinnah Jewelry | Makeup: Jennie Fresa
© Style Me Pretty : The Ultimate Wedding Blog, 2013. | Permalink | Comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: Baby boy, Baby Shower, casual, Family, Friends, Love, Modern, pretty, Safari, Soft, Zebra Print
Post categories: The Blog